Sunday, March 4, 2007

Lotsa Stampin Goin On...

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. -Scott Adams


Wow, what a wonderful way to spend the weekend.......Creating!

I'll just post a few of the fun cards I have made, some were for swaps (13,) and I Finally got my ATCs done for the swap I am in (10,) I played around with a few ideas for a future ATC swap and I got some Birthday cards done!!! WOW....no wonder my butt is sore, I need to go take a walk!



I am working on ideas for a Black and White w/ a touch of color ATC swap coming up with a group of my friends, I decided to play around in card size for now until THE idea hits me. The images on this card are all from Paper Salon, the sentiment is a partial ink of one of the sentiments from SU's Like it a Latte.


I have two good friends with Birthdays this coming week, both out of state, and I have not sent either car yet! For this card I used my Rhonna Ferrar Autumn Leaves clear acrylic Bird stamp I got at JoAnn's for $1!!! I added a few swirls and dots all over with my fine point waterproof Micron Artist pen and hand wrote the sentiment, copying the font on the Warmest Regards set by Stampin' Up! The bird is walking on the A Muse Skinny Oval stamp, I did a little doodling on that as well.


I had some images left over after making ATCs for the swap I am participating in, so I made this quick card. The main image is Sweet Flowers by Close To My Heart, the sentiment is from SU's Happy Harmony, I got the Crushed Velvet ribbon at Mike's.


This card is a Re-Do...I had put a green dotted ribbon on it because it matched the stems, didn't really like it, so I was just going to take it off (you can see the original here.) After posting it on SCS and getting a lot of Great advice I tried the White Organdy Ribbon and I like it a Lot better now. I simply punched Marvy's Giga Scalloped Square from a piece of scrap CS and sponged the bashful blue inside the mask, then offset the image a little, The flowers are inked with Bashful Blue and then Ballet Blue just around the edges, the stems are Always Artichoke. The blooms are highlighted with Stardust Stickles.


This one is for the Featured Stamper Challenge this week, the featured artist is AtomicButterfly, One of my absolute Idols, she is Amazing!!! For the challenge I CASEd this card by Kelly.

1 comment:

  1. Some great creations...I love the Happy Harmony ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}