Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Red Contest...

Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new. -Brian Tracy


I do not normally reach for Red, so this contest of Stampinsars' was a stretch for me, but I decided I would try it...great excuse to use my New Autumn Leaves Rhonna Farrer Swirls!!! :)



This card started with a piece if DCWV Textured card that was laying on my desk from another project. I just got the Rhonna Farrer Swirls today, so I had to throw one of those on there. :) I used Ruby Red Craft Ink from Stampin' Up!, I like the way the Craft (Pigment) Inks hold the Acrylic and don't bead up. I stamped the Butterfly (also a RF AL Acrylic stamp) in Timber Brown StazOn and painted it with the Ruby Red Craft Ink and a water brush (I just squeezed the ink pad and used the ink from the lid.) The layers are Chocolate Chip. The sentiment is from Edgy Eloquence (SU) I went over the swirls in the butterflies wings and the dotted swirls and leaves on the big swirl with a Sakura Glaze Pen for some shine and definition. I also added a tiny gemstone on the tip of the antennae.

5 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card. I love it's simple elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice swirly stamps! ;) Wouldn't they make a GREAT gift???

    Pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a pretty card. I love the swirls and the bits of bling! Very elegant. Ida

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW... this is fantastic!
    thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}