Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Finally!!!

In nature, nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they're still beautiful. -Alice Walker


My Grandma ordered 10 Christmas Cards in early November, but made the mistake of telling me there was no hurry! ;) WELL, I Finally got them done and mailed today!

I used a Gorgeous stamp a friend sent me earlier this year, not sure I would have pictured it as a Christmas image, but I was searching thru my stamps for something that would go with this Wonderful sentiment I found at Archiver's!

I stamped an extra tree image on CS, then cut it out and used it as a mask to sponge on the color, dorker on top and fading out towards the bottom, then I added a line of Stardust Stickles to the edges of the image for just a touch of sparkle.


Stamps: Tree Tile (Rubber Soul,) sentiment by Northwoods
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Black (SU,) Archiver's Textured CS
Ink: Buckaroo Blue, Not Quite Navy (SU)
Glitter: Stardust Stickles

6 comments:

  1. Really pretty - so great colours for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's SO pretty!
    Why don't I think of other colors?
    Is that sponged b/g?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rach, this is beautiful!!! Love that image and the wonderful sentiment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are SO beautiful Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This design is gorgeous and totally perfect for that sentiment! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, and I love this stamp. Did you watercolour the b/g?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}