Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mom's Day...

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. -Sophia Loren


WOW!!! I have been up until 1-2 am every night since Wednesday, packing, labeling and re-inventory-ing...with all that I still over sold a few items and had to do some adjusting...thanks to all of you who so graciously understood!!! Today I FILLED the back of my little HHR and ran to the 24/7 drop off, I am totally up to date on orders...OH, wait...not counting this afternoon's orders! I SO appreciate everyone that has stopped by and helped me get this liquidation done as fast as possible! I did receive a few of the Back Ordered items I was waiting on before...so there are a few new items listed since Fri...We R Memory Keepers Suede Flowers, Hardware Kits...Prima Paper, Tape and Ribbon...AND some 7 Gypsies ATC Holders...YES, all ON SALE!!!!

So with all of that I put off Mother's Day card making until today. I always make 2-3 cards for all the family holidays and birthdays, because my Mom. Dad and Brother usually buy one from me...so I have to TRY to make different designs and not compete for which is "better!" :)

Here are the Mother's Day cards I made today, the first is using Amy R's Sketch #17...I am trying to mix different patterns and non Matchy papers lately...not sure I hit the nail on the head with this one, but I love this stamp set (Vintage Garden by Memory Box,) so that helps! :)



My Mom mentioned really liking this stamp when she saw my bright Sultry card last week, so I decided to make a card using it...I don't have any Mother's Day sentiments, so I just added the Posies sentiment from Whipper Snapper's Posies for You. The background is Linen in Ruby Red and Baroque in Close to Cocoa (I just lightedly ran the pad over the edges of the design instead of inking it all the way up) stamped on Ruby Red, then spritzed with Glimmer Mist. I stamped a butterfly using Inkadinkado's Butterfly in Flight, then punched out part of it with a small Paper Shaper Punch.




2 comments:

  1. Rach, I'm so happy that your liquidation has gone so great!!! These cards are gorgeous!!!! I really love the look of putting together non matchy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 16, 2008

    OOOH these are both GORGEOUS Rach! I LOVE them both!! Love all the "stuff" on the top one! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}