Tuesday, September 16, 2008

August Reads Part II/September Reads Part I...

More books from my Good Reads shelf...

While I was waiting to get my hands on Book 3 of the Twilight series I pulled an oldie from my bookcase. A friend had given me a bunch of books from her shelves...Oldies...you know, way back in the 90's :)

Zoya by Danielle Steel
A typical DS book, she (Zoya) is rich and royal, loses it all, gets it all back by marrying a rich man, loses it again, meets a new fabulous rich man...rinse and repeat! :) It passed the time.

2 of 5 stars for this one...very predictable.
A quick synopsis from Good Reads:

Follows Zoya, from the revolution in Russia through the sixties and seventies in America, from St. Petersburg to Paris to New York in the eighties, as she struggles to survive in the face of insurmountable odds.


The Quickie by James Patterson & Michael Ledwidge

I liked this book...not as good as a James Patterson, but I think Michael Ledwidge added a fun flair to it...I thought it was over a few times and then they threw something else in the mix.

3 of 5 stars, good, but not Great...good summer read.
A quick synopsis from Good Reads:

Lauren Stillwell is not your average damsel in distress. When the NYPD cop discovers her husband leaving a hotel with another woman, she decides to beat him at his own game. But her revenge goes dangerously awry, and she finds her world spiraling into a hell that becomes more terrifying by the hour. In a further twist of fate, Lauren must take on a job that threatens everything she stands for. Now, she's paralyzed by a deadly secret that could tear her life apart. With her job and marriage on the line, Lauren's desire for retribution becomes a lethal inferno as she fights to save her livelihood--and her life. Patterson takes us on a twisting roller-coaster ride of thrills in his most gripping novel yet. This story of love, lust and dangerous secrets will have readers' hearts pounding to the very last page.


Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer

WOO HOO...Book 3!!!! I like the added tension of all the Quiluet characters...I won't ruin anything, but I was thrown a bit by a few things that came up and I liked that! :) Good third installment...definitely catapulted me into Book 4 the very next day!!!

4 of 5 stars, I am still not 100% with Bella, but I do understand she is a teenager.

A quick synopsis from Good Reads:

Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will eagerly devour Eclipse, the much anticipated third book in Stephenie Meyer's riveting vampire love saga. As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob --- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer

It's over???? NO!!!!!! I hate when a good series is done and over...how will live without these people in my life??? (anxiously awaiting Stephanie Meyer's next series...please make it more of the Cullens...or maybe the Quiluets???) I really liked what she did here...surprising, but a good wrap up and Finally started to feel something for Bella...I like a strong woman and her teenage crap was getting to me.

4 of 5 stars, I want to give it 5, but I give a 5 to the Trilogy (JRR Tolkien and I have a hard time giving anything else that many stars....so maybe a 4 1/2???)


A quick synopsis from Good Reads:
As August 13th draws closer, Bella is more sure than ever that she has made the right choice - forsaking her human life to spend eternity with Edward. But a new enemy stalks closer, seeking to tear Bella and Edward apart forever, one with ties to both Vampire and Werewolf. Can the treaty between the two hold? Or will the new threat force both sides to settle their blood feud once and for all? Because when the dawn breaks an angel will fall.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}