Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #3...

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think its forever. -Dr Carl Sagan


It's Cupcake time again! I have really enjoyed doing these challenges the last 2 weeks and just Love to see what people come up with, I'd love for you to play along this week!

Here is our Cupcake du Jour:

This delish dish is brought to us via Flickr by Dragonfly Custom Cakes

I knew I wanted to use the Retro Flower punch for my card and just took it from there...the sentiment is from Verve. I used the Medium and Small Retro Flowers for this, and the small butterflies from the Martha punch with 2 small and 1 medium butterflies...I Actually made a card without Stickles! Can you believe it???

I added a Memory Box Flourish to the inside as well as a few more butterflies...

Supplies:
Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve Stamps,) Thinking of You (Stampendous)
Paper: White, Spring Rain, True Black (PTI)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Misc: Pearl Stickers, Retro Flower Pu
nch Small and Medium

Thanks for stopping by and remember, if you play along link your post/link back here and use CIC3 as the keyword on SCS or PCP!

Here is a little more Inspiration for you (Click on the photo to be taken to each of their Blogs directly.)

12 comments:

  1. Um....I am picking my jaw up off the floor! This card is gorgeous with a capital "G!" WOWZA!!! It's just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are totally cool looking cupcakes! We had a crazy week this past week and I didn't get to play along but I'm hoping to find some stamping time this week. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Love the little pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this challenge and I LOVE your card!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sample, so pretty! This was a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This are utterly gorgeous Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS, Rachel! I love those blue and black flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Already!! I thought you just put up that last one...time is flyin' and this weather is not good for my stamping mojo! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The inspirational cards are beautiful!
    I was inspired!
    ... Joyful Stamper: Blooms, Cupcakes and Scripture!Thanks for taking a peek!
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous, Rachel! Love all those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had fun with this one. Wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it because I like using cupcakes somehow, so I finally came up with this one.

    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1325358?cat=500&ppuser=18295

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cupcakes. Here is my card for this week:
    http://inkonmyear.blogspot.com/2009/04/hope-stamps-eternal-cupcake-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}