Monday, April 6, 2009

Not your Typical Easter Colors...

Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew. -Cicely Tyson


Tor the next few days I am going to be showing you some Spring Card Kit cards I made lately. All of the Kit card were made using images, patterned paper and cardstock sent in a kit. I just had to make something out of it. :) The rules are we can add any embellishments or ribbon and make anything we want, but we have to use the Majority of the items included in the kit.

When I opened Jeannie's kit I was not sure what to do...Brown, Red, Pink and Olive are not the first colors I think of when I think Easter...but once I got coloring I was sold!!! I Love how this one turned out! I was also excited to be able to play along with the Penny Black Challenge this week, which is to create an Easter card!

I wanted a way to tie the Brown CS in so I went over the shaded areas of the image with my dark brown copic marker, then using my colorless blender I pulled just a tad of the color out to shade the bunny.

I had just enough paper left to do up the inside...I just added an egg and sentiment from Eggstravaganzy by Elzybells.

Supplies:
Stamps: Egg Craft (Penny Black,) Eggstravaganzy Sentiments, Eggstravaganza (Elzybells)
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, Choco Chip, Riding Hood Red CS, Bella Rose DP (SU)
Ink: Copic Markers
Misc: Ribbon, Stardust Stickles, Pink Stickles, Diamond Glaze

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE how you colored that bunny! That ribbon is gorgeous and I NEED you to teach me how to tie bows like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Your coloring on that rabbit is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just darling Rach! I love the colors and polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card Rachel....yes not your traditional colours...but very effective...love the adorable image...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I love the way you colored the bunny! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh... he looks just like the Velveteen Rabbit! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those colors look great with this, and cute how you colored the bunny, adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Rachel - love your cute image and the colours are fab. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is gorgeous Rachel, love love thhose fabulous papers and very cute image ~ gorgeous !!
    Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC
    hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow lurve the way you have coloured the rabbit....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}