Friday, October 22, 2010

Sweet Treat...

If someone offers you a breath mint, accept it. -H Jackson Brown Jr
This week's Woodware USA Challenge is "Anything but a Card." I decided to try out a "Matchbook Treat." I used Traditional Christmas Greetings for the image and the sentiment and a little bit of the new Memory Box Christmas paper (here is my secret, the patterned paper is a piece I cut off the Memory Box Catalog I got in the mail!)

The mints are glued inside the bottom flap just by the wrapper...
Here is a side view with the mints peeking through the side...
Supplies:
Stamps: Traditional Christmas Greetings (Woodware USA)
Paper: Tinsel (Memory Box,) Cool Caribbean, Cranberry Crisp, White
Ink: Cranberry Crisp, Black
Misc: Gems, Snowflake Sticker, Twill Ribbon


Challenges:
Woodware USA Challenge: Anything but a Card
Blogger's Challenge: Recycle/ReUse (Catalog Patterned Paper)
No Time To Stamp - Metal or stones
Mami Doodles - Thanksgiving and christmas cards
Gingerloft - Winter
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything goes
If the Shoe Fits- Any holiday
Paper Cutz- Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz- More than one fold

Thanks for stopping by!

26 comments:

  1. Super duper cute! I love that snow man with the cutie candies!!

    I LOVE that MB paper -I don't have any, should it be on my list? I have some others on their way to me, do I really need them all? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too cute! Love that little snowman and the dusting of glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute, Rach! What a clever idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how that turned out, I may have to borrow this design for a craft fair, these would probably sell like hot cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a very nice idea! I love it! The colors are way too perfect.
    dining tables

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute, great way to recycle the cover of the catalog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way too cute! I love this cute matchbook and I love the patterned paper you have recycled! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card. Great use for all those catalogs that come our way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute! a nice sweet idea as well ;) Thanks for playing along at If the Shoe fits...SCRAP It!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever. good idea to reuse catalog covers. The paper is probably thicker than most DP anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is too darned cute and I love how you showed us so many pictures. I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! The little mints are perfect inside this gorgeous packaging :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute and fun. Great way to use the catalog sample paper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is delightful Rachel! I am definitely making these for the girls at school! I love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute idea. Love the image!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent! Love the beautiful artwork you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, nice way to use up paper!! Rachel I LOVE this idea, might have to use it, very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is too cute! What a great little gift idea. The dusting of glitter and the added little snowflake really finish it off. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. SOOOO cute! I have to use this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great idea, beautiful card and I love the treat. Thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is SO CUTE--love that you used the cover for the BC--and that it's not a card--we make so many cards--but how many do we really mail!!!

    Your projects is fab. TFS it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so cute and great idea for a little gift! Thanks so much for joining us for a Mami Doodles challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a great little project you have here! Just terrificly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What cute little projects...and love the catalogue patterned paper...awesome!!!
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}