Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Merci Birdcoup...

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. -Lou Holtz

I have been in Love with Lawn Fawn stamps since they came out, but my wallet has been on a starvation diet, so I haven't had a chance to get my hands on any. I was lucky enough to Win a set thru iheartart in December and then I used a little of my tax return to splurge on a few stampy things and got another set. This weekend I finally got a chance to ink some up!!

I just Adore this sweet little Birdies in the Bannerific set and all the fun banners you can use! The Merci was a Free Thank You gift with my Order!!! :) I added the Beaucoup to the bottom from a Basic Grey set I have never used, that way it matches up with the Fall To Layout Sketch this week.

Quick review:

Lawn Fawn Clear Stamps: AMAZING, Awesome quality!!! They grabbed the Memento Ink and were firm enough to not smoosh the ink around the paper, but soft enough to get a good image.

Basic Grey Clear Stamps: UGH!!!! They are SO Soft! Barely grab the ink and I almost smooshed the whole stamp onto the paper. I actually had to go back and write over the stamped sentiment with my Micron Pen to make it legible.

Supplies:
Stamps: Bannerific, Merci (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Kraft, October Afternoon Scraps
Ink: Memento Black, Copic Markers

Challenges:
That's Krafty: Use Kraft paper

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Rachel, I'm so glad you like your Lawn Fawn stamps!!!! This makes me HAPPY! AWESOME card too! It's so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple and so lovely!!!! your card is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total cuteness! Love the birdies hanging the banner. ahhhhh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. what's a tax return? LOL. I seem to have to keep paying, does it never end?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}