Monday, December 11, 2006

The Season of Family...

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu

I love having family around. Christmas is so special, as it brings together people who do not get a chance to see each other during the rest of the year. I had family in town this weekend and it was so nice to just sit around the kitchen table and laugh and talk.

My parents had gone through my Grandmother's slides when they went to visit last month, so I made them into a CD at the 1 hour Photo and them dubbed them onto a DVD with some nice Celtic music in the background (We are Scottish and Irish.) It was so fun to sit and watch the pictures roll across the screen. My Dad when he was a baby in his diaper, Grandma at 27 on the beach in Bermuda, Grandpa in his uniform in Korea...so special to share that with family.

Grandma, Dad, Uncle and Aunt in Bermuda 1953

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful old photo. I think that it was a really great idea what you did with the photo's. Pictures like that are just priceless. Thanks for sharing. Ida

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great photo! I love when my family pulls out the old slides. Great laughs and a lot of good story telling!
    Kauai17

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope,
    I received my prize today. Thank you very much for the cute stamps, and I loved your card.
    Jan in MO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}