Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Days...

Do you wish the world were happy? Then remember day by day, Just to scatter seeds of kindness, As you pass along the way. . . . -Ella Wheeler Wilcox


What a wonderful Easter!!! I really enjoy family Holidays, especially when everyone is happy, the kids get along and there is good Food. :)

Lots of eggs were found, lots of candy was eatin' and us adults ate until we couldn't eat anymore....and then we had dessert. :)


We also celebrated my Mom's BDay (which is Tues) so we had to have cake and gifts! :) I woke up early and started on a card...it is hard for me to create for my Mom...it has to be SO very special! She really is my best friend! Luckily I still had an Iris left from some Wish RAKs I had received of Still Life Stems, my Mom's favorite flower is a classic Purple Iris...



Supplies:
Stampin' Up!: Still Life Stems, Linen, Everyday Flexible Phrases Stamps. Always Artichoke, Perfect Plum, Brocade Blue Ink and Cardstock. Grosgrain Ribbon, Mat Stack
Basic Grey: Phresh and Phunky Pholiage
Making Memories: Decorative Brad, paper Piercer
Sakura: Pigma Micron Artist Pen
Ranger: Stardust Stickles


My SIL called 3 hours before I was supposed to be there, in the middle of my pre-cooking for the feast and asked for a card...she normally buys them from Hallmark (tsk tsk) so I wasn't expecting it...I rushed onto the SCS gallery for ideas and ended up CASEing a Wonderful card of Julee's (Shadowcatcher.) I followed her original pretty closely, with just a few substitutions.



Supplies:
Stampin' Up!: Happy Harmony, Basic Black Cardstock, Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie Ink, Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware, Watercolor Paper
Basic Grey: Aged and Confused Strawberry Dot, Grand Adhesions Tag
Ranger: Stardust Stickles
Stitched Ribbon
Studio G: Clear Flourish Stamps
Marvy: Scallop Giga Circle Punch, Mega Circle Punch

6 comments:

  1. Wow Rachel...two stunning cards...I especially like the colors you have chosen for both. I also like the new blog design...sophisticated mystical blue. Glad you had a good Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog design! So cool. These are some gorgeous cards you made. I'm honored to have been CASE'd. I noticed one of your cards was used as an example for the Technique challenge on SCS today. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new blog design the colors are awesome and so are your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! I found you from a link on Emellished by Jacksonbelle. I'm going to put a link on my blog so I don't miss anything. Drop by for a visit at www.barbscardcreations.blogspot.com Thanks for a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - I LOVE both these cards!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful cards!! Love the new colors of your blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}