Thursday, May 3, 2007

Love It...

We don't make mistakes, we only have happy accidents. -Unknown


Don't you just Love it when a design just comes together??? Thanks to a friend for the flower help! :)

I had a scrap of Basic Grey paper sitting on my desk from This card...which I like.



But the color of the Perhaps paper got me thinking of a Vintage Hawaii feel...not sure why?



So, I got out my Do the Hula set (hurry, retiring!!) and started playing...stamped the girl in Brown StazOn, colored her in with Craft ink and an Aquapainter, then proceeded to sponge all around her and sponged brown ink right on her head!

So...I turned the Fabriano card over, tore it in half and stamped her again! Even after that I messed up again using the whole card, which is too long to fit on an A2 card, so I had to cut off the cute punched strip...not wanting to waste it, I layered it onto some more Perhaps paper, then used that same green for the other half of the card. The Fabriano is finished off with Itty Bitty Backgrounds and then sponged with Close to Cocoa ink. The flowers the girl is wearing are highlighted with a Glaze Pen.

The flowers in the corner are from a set of cheap silk flower, I layered three of them, then threaded some ribbon thru the holes and secured it all with a knot. The ribbon down the middle is to hide a big gap...because I cut wrong. :) (Can you tell I am still taking medication for my stomach.) The crisscross stitching around the outside border is a great clear acrylic set from Technique Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like I never commented on this one, but I remember it and I absolutley LOVE it! I am so sad to see this set that never made it off my wishlist hit the retired list. *sniff, sniff* Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}