I was asked a while back how I alter notebooks, so I thought I would do a picture tutorial in case anyone else wanted to know.
Patterned Paper cut to size of notebook
Coordinating Patterned or solid paper (optional)
1/8" Hole Punch Stylus or other long pointy thing Mod Podge or Decoupage Gel
Paper Snips (sharp tip scissors)
1) Tear out sheet of the paper and line it up with the front of the Patterned Paper.
2) Mark the holes on the printed side of the Patterned Paper, punch out with a 1/8" hole punch.
3) Cut a slit at the top of each hole punch
4) Brush Decoupage Gel or Mod Podge on back of paper and Apply to notebook cover
5) Using stylus or something skinny, slip paper over wire coil and press onto cover
6) Apply second sheet of paper to bottom of cover with Decoupage Gel or Mod Podge (optional)
7) Brush Decoupage Gel or Mod Podge over entire cover
8) If applying ribbon wrap around cover and tie while still wet and press down on ribbon for a few seconds to adhere to cover
9) Let dry and embellish as desired