Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Figgy Tree...

Let's be naughty and save Santa the trip. -Gary Allen

I decided to try a Paper Loop Tree like you see all over right now, I first saw one on the cover of the Oriental Trading Catalog, the PaperCrafts (I think,) now they are Everywhere.

For mine I used Figgy Pudding and Fruitcake Designer Papers from Basic Grey, to match This wreath I made earlier this week, and a styrofoam tree form from Michael's. When I was done with the tree I added a few iridescent snowflake embellishments. The star on top is one of the ornament stickers from the Figgy Pudding Paper Pack, I opened up a paper clip and sandwiched it between the sticker and another piece of cardstock, adding some Mono Multi to make sure it stays put Then I just stuck the clip into the top of the tree.

The tree is made up of 6" X 1/2"
strips in 4 different patterns, when you pin the first row on you have to make sure the ends hang down a tad past the bottom of the form, then overlap each layer at least an inch to cover all the pins.

6 comments:

  1. Rachel- this is so cool! You've been busy! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is gorgeous Rach!!! Love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I love this!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tree! Such a great idea. I don't know where you find the time!!!! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, this looks like a lot of work! I'll just admire what you've done here, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}