Monday, November 24, 2008

Simple Wreath...

The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak. -Hans Hofmann

I have two styles of card making...I love layers, I color an image, layer it....layer it again, add it to a card with 3-4 layers on it, slap on some embellishments...and then some more, but some days I just like to pull out a Really nice Italian Hand Deckled Fabriano card and stamp a simple image and sentiment.

That's what I did here, just a simple wreath image from my Snowy Woods Plate by Artistic Outpost and a sentiment stamped with my Christmas Small Preinked Stamper. I colored the image by "Thumping" it with a Garden Green and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers and then coloring the bow with Ruby Red reinker and a waterbrush.

Supplies:
Stamps: Snowy Woods Plate (Artistic Outpost,) Christmas Small Preinked Stamper (JustRite)
Paper: Medioevalis Folded Reply Card (Fabriano)
Ink: Garden Green, Old Olive, Ruby Red (SU)
Misc:
Niji Waterbrush

Thanks for stopping by!

COUPON ALERT:

The Stamp Castle has FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50 in the US (select Priority Shipping at checkout!!!) The code for free shipping is "MERRYXMAS"

The Snowy Woods Plate is on SALE for a Limited Time...Get your hands on it Now!

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love the font on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that sentiment too, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Rachel! I love your Fabriano cards!! Thank you so much for the beautiful birthday card you sent me, I absolutely love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously so pretty! You need to make up some packages of these and have Edie put them in her store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The simplicity of this card is what makes it so elegant. How pretty and Rachel, you have an AWARD on my blog. Please stop by to pick it up. I think if you cut and paste from my blog it may go quicker for you too! I love your blog and your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel, came by way of Shirley's Cards, Etc blog...you have a lovely blog!
    Your card is gorgeous...I love the simplicity of it!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your "simple" cards! They are so pretty and elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}