Friday, January 23, 2009

Green Butterfly???

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. -Barack Obama

What a Week!!!! Starting Tuedsay morning I have been riding a Big Huge Wave of Awesomeness! Tuesday was a wonderful day, I spent most of it with goosebumps and huge smile on my face. Then Wednesday came and it was LOST Premiere!!! My co-worker that makes most work days Super Stressful left for a 3 week leave of absence starting Thurs...WOO HOO, what a week. :)

I haven't had a lot of crafting time, but I hope to make up for that this weekend. I did get to make something last night for the Friday Bloggers Challenge. This week it was a color challenge...Red, Black, Kiwi Kiss and White (or Vanilla.) I got my new Memory Box stamps last night so I wanted to play with one of those...I picked this butterfly and cut him out and curled the wings alittle before layering over an uncolored image.


Here is a detail shot of the Sunflower Shimmerz I added to the Butterfly for some Shine!


Supplies:
Stamps:
Periwinkle, Thanks script (Memory Box)
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black, Whisper White (SU)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento,) Copic Markers
Misc: Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon,
Dew Drops, Sunflower Shimmerz Glitter Paint, MS Crafts Simple Scallop Border Punch (sorry Edie, not trying to rub it in, you just reminded me that I had it.)

Thanks for stopping by!

24 comments:

  1. Wow...this is a beautiful card. I'm awestruck with the gorgeousness of this butterfly. You really did a fantastic job with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - love the green shimmerz on the butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is really beautiful, that butterfly really pops. Love the words on the kiwi background, Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. The butterfly looks awesome and I love the dew drops and the scallops. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a stunning card, what a delicious combo of colour. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNING color combo Rachel and your butterfly is gorgeous!
    LOSTie Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card...and the green butterfly is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PURDY!
    You just HAD to use that border punch, huh??

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely beautiful Rachel! Your butterfly turned out wonderful! It's nice to hear that you're having such a GREAT week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card!! You rocked this challenge, GF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting color combo, the butterfly is pretty all shimmery...wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card. Thank you so much for sharing!!

    Jessica Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I have been on holidays and have missed seeing your work, glad to have popped by though. Wow what a card ....

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a stunning card. I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty!!! LOVE the shimmer especially!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I love the shimmery butterfly and the way you used the "thanks" stamp to create a background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning! I really love all the shimmer! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty! I love the green butterfly! What happened Tuesday to give you goosebumps, what did I miss?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! Your coloring is wonderful, and your details are perrfect. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Soo pretty! Love the BG and the way the smaller image stands out on it's own...gorgeous!k {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it! Love how you primarily used the green for the card! The butterfly is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooooh, love the shimmer and how the butterfly is practically flying off the card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}