Friday, March 6, 2009

Five Minute Friday...

There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit. -Alexander Pope


I used this week's Blogger's Challenge of Sage and Brown (plus a nuetral) and decided to whip up a Really quick 5 minute card...I may make this a regular Friday Feature...

I think the longest part of the creative process for this card was cutting the jewels off their strip and placing them...or maybe finding the scrap of brown PP I knew I had in my scrap drawer. ;) I did a quick coloring of the leaves with a Copic marker and then went over some of the flower details with a Sakura Stardust Gelly Roll Pen.


Supplies:
Stamps: Thinking of you (Mike's $1,) Fan Flowers (Inka)
Paper: Kraft, Sage Shadow, Chocolate Prints (SU,)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Misc: Sakura Stardust Pen, Memory Box Jewels, Porcelain Buttons,

Thanks for stopping by! Come back tomorrow for a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

24 comments:

  1. Ooohh what a beauty!! Striking card Rach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of "wow" for 5 minutes...Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a 5 minute card - its sure packs a WOW. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! 5 minutes huh?? Love the font on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! The jewels really make it striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS! Love the colors and your embellishments PERFECT! Especially for 5 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the simplicity of this card, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and simple! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card!!! I love how simple but how complete it is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely -- and great details for only 5 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wow card for such a little amount of time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Rachel! This is lovely! Some days I can't cut my paper in 5 minutes, and you can create this fantastic card! Very impressive! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. This 5 minute card is a stunner!!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simple yet pretty! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it Rach! I really love quick cards like this!! Can't wait to hear your BIG announcement!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Striking, but simple! What a fabulous card this is!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous quick card! Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is beautiful! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card Rachel. I love the border!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a simply elegant card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ooh I love this!! beautiful and so elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. How very pretty indeed.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}