Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fall To Cupcakes...

This very moment is a seed from which the flowers of tomorrow's happiness grow. -Margaret Lindsey

You are probably wondering what this card has to do with cupcakes...but it really does! This card was inspired by this week's Cupcake Inspiration piece, I loved the bright colors and flowers. I used this week's Fall To Layout and went Very literal, I almost CASED the sketch to a T....but failed to see where the sentiment was supposed to go until after I had stamped it on my image panel...
I used Basic Grey Green at Heart paper and paired it with Melon Berry and a bright green from DCWV, the button is Hibiscus Burst. The stamp is from an older CTMH set, I colored it with Copic markers then added LOTS of Stardust Stickles for this week's Creative Cottage challenge (Sparkle.)

For the inside I used a small strip of the striped paper, punched with the Upper Crest punch like the front...
Supplies:
Stamps: CTMH & Stampavie
Paper: Green at Heart (Basic Grey,) Textured Card (DCWV,) Melon Berry & White (PTI)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento,) Copic Markers
Misc: Vintage Button, Embroidery Floss, Upper Crest Border Punch, Stardust Stickles

Challenges:
Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #52
Fall to Layout #84
Creative Cottage: Sparkle

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, I love how it turned out and that's a sketch I will use over & over again too, I had fun with it even though I made a simple card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, especially how you added all the Stickles! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sparkle, gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Beautiful sparkle!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo pretty!! I love the sparkly flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luff the sparkly flower and the button center!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}