Friday, August 15, 2014

Classic Pesto

My mother thinks she is gardening for a small country, not just her, my dad and the three of us. She has 12 Basil plants...12. That amounts to about 15,346 lbs of basil every few weeks. I decided I had to make some pesto to freeze so it won't go to waste while she is out of town caring for my grandma this week.

Classic Pesto

2 oz Fresh Basil
1/2 cup Toasted Pine Nuts
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan
1/2 cup Olive Oil (I used Avocado Oil)
3 cloves Garlic, peeled
Salt & Pepper to taste

Toast Pine nuts until they are golden and fragrant


Combine all ingredients in food processor and process until all basil is combined, will make a thick paste


 This freezes well. I put mine in a ziplock baggie and laid it flat on the freezer shelf, pressing down to shape it around he shelf wire, in about 30 min it freezes enough to hold the shape, then you can move it wherever you want in the freezer. Why do I do that? so later I can snap off a bit where the score lines are :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}