Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Quinoa Caprese Salad

I threw together ingredients for this from the fridge, not knowing what kind of dressing I would put on it. Once I have the tomatoes and mozzarella I Knew I had to make a Balsamic Vinaigrette! Thought you might like to try it too, so here is what I used...

Quinoa Caprese

1/2 cup Quinoa (cooked with 1 cup water)
3/4 c Mini Mozzarella
1/2 Zucchini, Diced
1 sm Tomato
3 slices Deli Salami, cut into small squares

Dressing:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Basil
Salt
Pepper

Cook Quinoa, Cool in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Chop tomatoes, zucchini and salami, add to quinoa along with mozzarella. Mix dressing ingredients, using equal parts oil and vinegar and seasoning to taste. I didn't measure this part, just put it all on a small bowl with a lid, then shook it up, I will dress each serving as I serve it so the Quinoa doesn't get soaked sitting in dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}