Thursday, July 24, 2014

Garlic Hummus

I have been sharing a few recipes here, but haven't explained why. My family is taking a little journey to cleaner eating, my husband went vegan for the first 4 months of the year and the whole family has changed our eating style. Less processed food, more organic and local produce. Part of this journey includes making things from scratch that we used to buy. One of those things is Hummus...and I am beginning to get a reputation! This is my most requested dish...and recipe.

My mom and I went in together and purchased a 5 lb bag of dried Garbanzo beans from a wonderful farm in Washington. You simply soak the beans overnight, then boil them for 2-3 hours, but you can use canned as well...

Garlic Hummus

2 c Chickpeas
2 Tbsp Avocado Oil (or Olive Oil)
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Tahini
1 tsp minced Garlic

Starting with 1 Tbsp Oil, Lemon Juice and Tahini, Mix  ingredients in food processor until smooth. Add Oil, Tahini and Lemon as needed for consistency to taste

Servings: Makes 16 Tbsp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}