Friday, July 25, 2014

Skinny Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese Soup

I have been trying to follow a meal plan recently for dinners...but I have a horrible time making it before going to the store, or getting the last minute necessities for the current meal. Last night my meal plan said Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Soup...but I hadn't specifically shopped for the soup. Pinterest saved the day, yet again, and I found multiple recipes for Broccoli soup that I felt I could recreate with things I had at home. Keeping in line with my cleaner, healthier eating I parred down the cheeses and creams to make this soup. Most of the creaminess comes from pureed cauliflower.


Skinny Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese Soup



Ingredients

    1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
    1/2 med onion, diced
    2 clove Garlic, minced
    1/2 head Cauliflower
    1 Bunch Broccoli
    2 med Carrots, shredded
    2 cup Chicken Broth
    1 cup Sharp Cheddar, shredded
    Salt & Pepper to taste

Tips

Delicious with grilled cheese cut in strips for dipping

Directions

Cut Cauliflower and broccoli into bite sized pieces, heat oil, onion and garlic in a pan, cook until onion is transparent, add cauliflower and 1/4 c broth, cook with lid on until cauliflower is soft. Meanwhile, cook broccoli, carrots, broth, salt & pepper in soup pan until broccoli is soft. Puree Cauliflower with immersion blender or food processor. Remove broccoli from heat and immediately add cauliflower puree and cheese. Stir to combine and serve hot.


Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 6
  • Amount Per Serving: 1 cup
  • Calories: 150.3
  • Total Fat: 9.0 g
  • Cholesterol: 18.3 mg
  • Sodium: 1,651.1 mg
  • Total Carbs: 11.2 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 5.0 g
  • Protein: 9.4 g 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me that you follow my work and take the time to share how you feel! {SMILES}